Used Red Sea Max E 170 with Sump

Greetings and Welcome!!
 
I have a gen 1 reefer 170 and a g2 reefer 300 purchased new. Even though I have no issues I don't think I would buy a used redsea tank. I'm not sure I would buy any glass tank used. Maybe a small one. I heard too many stories of them leaking after being moved.
 
I am considering buying a 1 year old Red Sea Max e 170 with Sump upgrade, is it worth it or too difficult. I have had leaking BioCube and want a separate back up tank.
I have a Red Sea Reefer 170 that I am getting rid of. It's in good shape, no leaks or issues. Has an AI Light, chiller and sump. Also 1 damsel, 1 starfish and about 15 soft corals. Asking $600. I am in West Los Angeles.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4287.jpeg
    IMG_4287.jpeg
    143.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4288.png
    IMG_4288.png
    636.7 KB · Views: 39
I am considering buying a 1 year old Red Sea Max e 170 with Sump upgrade, is it worth it or too difficult. I have had leaking BioCube and want a separate back up tank.
Welcome!

Search seam failures and then decide
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 20.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new