Used stand strong enough?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dumzy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dumzy

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 22, 2021
Messages
7
Reaction score
3
Location
Oregon
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought this stand used, it held a 60 breeder before but I have a 75 gallon on there now. Looks like they screwed a bunch of boards into it, I wonder if the screws might have actually weakened the boards at all? There's also what looks like a crack in the front center support of the stand. I test filled the tank and it held it up, despite being a bit wobbly when full and making some odd noises while being filled.

IMG_1321.jpg IMG_1323.jpg IMG_1324.jpg IMG_1330.jpg IMG_1331.jpg
 
I'm skeptical if you have splitting supports. It also looks like the boards the tank sits on at each end is screwed to the side has no support beneath them. That would mean just the screws are supporting the weight and that would make me nervous.
 
Yeah I'll probably end up just building a new one.. better to have peace of mind.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new