Using a 24v Off The 832 Energy Bar

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tubing are you using? 1/4 inch is pretty small the same size as the neptune solenoid.
So 1 issue I did find was that these valves are normally closed and I needed 1 closed and 1 open for each of my scrubbers but I could not find normally open valves that work like these. So I end up modifying 2 of my 4 valves so they are normally open. Did this by separating motor from valve body and used a dremel tool with cut off wheel and made a slit in valve body so motor can be put back on with valve in open position. Sounds complicated but was very easy. Please ask for more info if and when you are ready to do this and I can walk you thru

Maokin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone willing to share their apex config for their CO2 scrubber? I have the Mccmaster 3/8 solenoid that is open when powered and closed when not. The solenoid is off a Y fitting with the other end of the Y having the CO2 scrubber. Opening the solenoid should pull mostly fresh air from the room. I want the solenoid open by default and to fallback open to ensure the PH doesn't get too high. In checking my apex input log my current config is not working. I just made some changes that hopefully should work but curious to see what others have setup. Here is my current config.

I want the valve open anytime the PH is less than 8.4 and closed 8.4 and higher. Also curious to hear what other target for PH.

Set ON
Fallback ON
If pH > 8.39 Then OFF

Finally what does everyone use for CO2 media? I started with the BRS media but the reviews haven't been so great. Seems they switched their supplier and it doesn't last as long. I just picked up some Icecap Co2 media from saltwateraquarium hopefully that lasts longer than the BRS stuff. BRS stuff works great but only lasts like a week it seems.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone willing to share their apex config for their CO2 scrubber? I have the Mccmaster 3/8 solenoid that is open when powered and closed when not. The solenoid is off a Y fitting with the other end of the Y having the CO2 scrubber. Opening the solenoid should pull mostly fresh air from the room. I want the solenoid open by default and to fallback open to ensure the PH doesn't get too high. In checking my apex input log my current config is not working. I just made some changes that hopefully should work but curious to see what others have setup. Here is my current config.

I want the valve open anytime the PH is less than 8.4 and closed 8.4 and higher. Also curious to hear what other target for PH.

Set ON
Fallback ON
If pH > 8.39 Then OFF

Finally what does everyone use for CO2 media? I started with the BRS media but the reviews haven't been so great. Seems they switched their supplier and it doesn't last as long. I just picked up some Icecap Co2 media from saltwateraquarium hopefully that lasts longer than the BRS stuff. BRS stuff works great but only lasts like a week it seems.
I use this and here is my program

8453029D-367C-4BCC-95DF-2811DC1CF1A8.png 3A919791-2DD2-4F02-8C68-660E153C0120.png

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Set ON
Fallback ON
If pH > 8.39 Then OFF

I use 2 solenoid because air to scrubber will take least path of resistance So if you don’t close fresh air to it then it won’t pull all air thru scrubber

FBCD6E25-EEA9-45D8-B063-6A497792157A.jpeg

Maokin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use 2 solenoid because air to scrubber will take least path of resistance So if you don’t close fresh air to it then it won’t pull all air thru scrubber

FBCD6E25-EEA9-45D8-B063-6A497792157A.jpeg
Thanks! Switching the port from advanced to PH controlled makes it super easy. Yes with only one solenoid there will be some air that makes it through my CO2 reactor when my solenoid is open, but most air should come directly from the room with less resistance vs. the reactor. How long does this media you use last you?

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Switching the port from advanced to PH controlled makes it super easy. Yes with only one solenoid there will be some air that makes it through my CO2 reactor when my solenoid is open, but most air should come directly from the room with less resistance vs. the reactor. How long does this media you use last you?
I just posted this in another fourm

The answer to this question has few variables and Impossible to give you good answer. The time it will last will depend on how long it runs for. How long it runs for is determined by how much co2 is in your air and what ph level you are shooting for. With this being said with my experience it has lasted anywhere from 2-4 weeks. Mine runs more then 50% of the day most days.

Maokin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
said with my experience it
Thanks yeah I understand there are tons of factors regarding out how long the media last. Just curious to know your experience, this was helpful. My solenoid was stuck open due to bad apex programing and my PH was creeping to the high 8.4, 8.43 last night and 8.45 the night prior. Will be interesting to see how things work with the new programing. Unlikely most my PH shoots up at night with my fuge and dips down once the fuge goes off.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back