Using an acclimation/isolation box for adding new fish.

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after adding a certain amount of fish to your tank, and then you want to add more, but you are wondering if you will mess with "balance" of the community, this is the answer. Especially if you are like me, and are adding lots of similar conspecific fish like wrasses. This particular box came from Elite Aquatics, and is very nicely made. When you order, you specify if you have a rimless, euro braced, or plastic rimmed tank, in order to hang the box inside the tank. A lot of the boxes out there come with suction cups, which can be a pain. This one has a hinged lid and a nice bracket to hang on the tank. I received mine yesterday, and was able to put it to immediate use. I was adding another wrasse, and everybody in the tank got to come up, flare and flash their size, and basically just check him out. This afternoon I let him go, and he felt no need to hide, and everyone just acted like he had been in there the whole time. Very cool product IMO, and keeps the fishies stress free.

2012-03-26_19-43-02_196.jpg

2012-03-26_19-42-53_224.jpg

Acclimation boxes

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after adding a certain amount of fish to your tank, and then you want to add more, but you are wondering if you will mess with "balance" of the community, this is the answer. Especially if you are like me, and are adding lots of similar conspecific fish like wrasses. This particular box came from Elite Aquatics, and is very nicely made. When you order, you specify if you have a rimless, euro braced, or plastic rimmed tank, in order to hang the box inside the tank. A lot of the boxes out there come with suction cups, which can be a pain. This one has a hinged lid and a nice bracket to hang on the tank. I received mine yesterday, and was able to put it to immediate use. I was adding another wrasse, and everybody in the tank got to come up, flare and flash their size, and basically just check him out. This afternoon I let him go, and he felt no need to hide, and everyone just acted like he had been in there the whole time. Very cool product IMO, and keeps the fishies stress free.

2012-03-26_19-43-02_196.jpg

2012-03-26_19-42-53_224.jpg

Acclimation boxes
Nice Buy!
Bill

andywe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys, really take a look at the Reef Gently. It is more versatile imo. This box is nice too, especially the hanging type, but bang for buck the Reef Gently is definitely worth a look.

lsaint88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I been wanting to add a 2nd pair of clowns in my tank do you think this will help in keeping the peace?

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isaint88 how big is your tank?

Dowtish... great writeup. I may need one of these to deal with my football sized 6 line.

OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is a super old post, but thanks for the comments guys. I dont even have that tank anymore! LOL

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not put two pairs of clowns in a 40 gallon tank if I were you. That is asking for female trouble.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back