Using an esp32 for peristaltic pump control

  • Thread starter Thread starter kdx7214
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kdx7214

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 5, 2020
Messages
1,054
Reaction score
877
Location
Columbia, MO, US
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a nifty little Kamoer peristaltic pump that I plan to use for ATO. I've designed and built my own pcb using a NodeMCU esp32 soc. There are several ways I can code this, but I'm not sure how to connect it to reef-pi. As is typical of a peristaltic pump I need to pulse to make a movement (i.e. 1ms on, 1ms off). I can also code it to take a parameter via a REST call for the number of cycles and duration. In either case I need some sort of synchronization primitve to prevent reef-pi from calling the esp32 when it's already in motion. Naturally I could just ignore new requests while the pump is running, but then I still need reef-pi to keep sending requests until the float switch turns off.

(Amazon product ASIN B0B99ZH9C1)

How would I set something like this up? Coding for the esp32 will be no problem, I'm just not sure of the reef-pi side of things. I see there is an esp32 driver and have looked at the code for it, but it doesn't seem to handle this sort of thing either.

FWIW, I'm running a Robo-Tank and love the heck out of it!
 
Last edited:
Hi, one year after using reef-pi with an esp32 for my afr dosing pump with a modified version of the esp32 code from reef-pi to fix the max pump delay, one day the afr pump stay stuck ON... I'm working on a standalone solution... I have used the pwm driver, rest is not a good choice for playing with this. Reef-pi stays a great thing
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 23.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new