using aquamesh as baffles

  • Thread starter Thread starter keithw283
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

keithw283

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 29, 2019
Messages
622
Reaction score
570
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone mentioned that I could use aquamesh as my baffles in my sump and was wondering if anyone has any experience with this? I typically just go with the glass panels and silicone it to a tank but obviously the aqua mesh would be a lot easier to work with. Anyone have input on this?

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/search?w=aquamesh
 
It is porus and will let water thru. You sump will have only 1 water level
 
i wouldn't unless using the aqua mesh as your mechanical filtration is part of your plan in which case i still wouldn't lol.
 
I used it to separate the live rock and ceramic bio from my pump. Works great. Hermits keep it clean. It's the last stage in my sump so not really concerned with water level or bio build up. I'll see how it's doing in 2 years.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new