Using ClariSea SK-3000 in Red Sea Reefer 350 sump, in the refugium - possible?

Tim617

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Coming back to the hobby. Had a 55 gallon reef tank 10 years back that was doing very well and then crashed, and I never went back (wife's orders :)). Thinking of getting back.

Looking at a Reefer 350 but don't want to use filter socks. Want to use a ClariSea SK-3000. Will it fit in the refugium section? I will have a separate algae reactor so won't need the space. Don't want to make any modifications to the sump. Seems like the dimensions will work from the spec drawings. Any thoughts, please?

Also thinking of using only filter cups with Brightwell Purit in one and Seachem Matrix in another sandwiched in Sera Crystal Clear material. Does that work if I change the Sera material every week?

Then, want to use Xport Bio and Xport No3 dimpled bricks from Brightwell. Where to put these in the sump?

Last question, thinking of getting a BRS mini reactor for Xport PO4 cubes and a Syncra Silent 0.5 pump. Does that work?

Thank you very much in advance! I am in the design phase of the system. All advice will be most appreciated.

Tim

OP
OP
T

Tim617

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks blaxsun! Does this mean the filter cup sections are completely bypassed and I will have to add a reactor for the Purit?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back