Clarisea 3000 Gen2

Pablo1102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone using a filter roller in a sump that has adjustable water level gates? How do you setup a filter roller (Clarisea 3000 Gen2) with float sensor if you have the filter roller in a section in your sump that has an adjustable water level gate? My sump is a Bashsea smart series, which has a water level gate in every section. I placed the roller mat in the first section of the sump where the filter socks would’ve been. Appreciate your help!

IMG_6077.jpeg IMG_6076.jpeg

AllYouCanReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adjustable waterheight would make it easier to adjust the life and filtration of your roller.

This is what Clarisea says and it might help:

"ClariSea Installation Height vs Filter Life
The pressure to force such a large flow rate of water through such a fine fleece is created by the head height of the water in the ClariSea unit above the water level in the sump.

The higher this difference is between the two levels, the higher the head pressure, and the easier it is to force the same amount of water through smaller and smaller holes created as the fleece blocks. The perfect height would therefore be with the opening to the silencing plates being about 1-2 cm (1/2-1") below the water surface. (On the tests for the 'flow vs filter life' chart, the bottom of the ClariSea was submerged 11cm below the surface).

The deeper the Clarisea sits in the water, the less head pressure exists to force water through the fleece and therefore the shorter the life of the roll."

More can be found at the bottom of this https://premiumaquatics.com/products/clarisea-sk3000-gen-2-automatic-filter-system-model-40.html

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back