Using float switches on APEX BOB rather then sensor switches on ATK module

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying to get away from the digital sensors on the ATK, I have nothing but issues with three different ATK’s
And although Neptune has helped the solution hasn’t helped and they have replaced the digital sensors
Three times and now they want me to send in the module.

I’m done

my theory is to use two regular float switches on the BOB and either bypass the ATK ( I do have a pmup)
Right now my sensors are named ATK-LO and ATK-HI, I presume I can use those to power the ATK

Can someone help with code please, if I can do this without using the FMM that would be great too

Here is what I have now
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If ATK_LO OPEN Then ON
If ATKHi CLOSED Then OFF
Defer 000:10 Then ON
Defer 000:04 Then OFF
Min Time 060:00 Then OFF

Thanks

Last edited:

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you can use any float switches to control the PMUP. All you need to do is edit your existing code to use the names of the breakout box inputs. Just be sure if you rename the BOB switches that you don't create duplicate names that match the current ATK_LO and ATKHi names.

OP
OP
Bob Escher

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you can use any float switches to control the PMUP. All you need to do is edit your existing code to use the names of the breakout box inputs. Just be sure if you rename the BOB switches that you don't create duplicate names that match the current ATK_LO and ATKHi names.
I would remove those sensors from the ATK and rename BOB inputs as the same names ATK-Lo and ATKHi

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would remove those sensors from the ATK and rename BOB inputs as the same names ATK-Lo and ATKHi
Be aware removing a sensor from the FMM does not cause that input name to go away. The input still exists and retains its name. You would need to rename the FMM inputs if you intend to re-use those same names for the BOB inputs.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back