Using Majano wand for palys?

baileymetal69

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 9, 2024
Messages
13
Reaction score
3
Location
south florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if anyone out there is using a Majano wand or laser to kill off plays? I have two clusters that are growing rapidly and will take over in no time. I also would like to remove them as safely as possible as I have a baby my wife and other pets in my home. I know how to protect myself from the toxins but how do I keep them from going airborne. I can’t go the route of taking the rocks out as they are all glued together and some are on base rocks. And I don’t wanna go the ugly super glue method. Any tips will help thanks.

IMG_8379.jpeg
 
I have alot of palys and a Majano wand. It isn't great at removing the plays. they are too thick. The Majano wand is great and melting rouge mushrooms. The best way I have found to limit the palys is to use tweezers, grab near the base, and yank them off the rock.
 
I have alot of palys and a Majano wand. It isn't great at removing the plays. they are too thick. The Majano wand is great and melting rouge mushrooms. The best way I have found to limit the palys is to use tweezers, grab near the base, and yank them off the rock.
Thanks for the reply, good to know that before spending the money.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new