Using Neptune DOS with Neptune ATO

Saf1991

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to Use a Neptune DOS with Neptune ATO to replenish my sump. I am looking for help with programing in the APEX Fusion.

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would start with reading the programming tutorials from SuncrestReef first so you have some background information and a basic plan, then come to the forum with specific questions. The tasks functions are also a good starting point.

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MY I ask why don’t you just use the pmup for the pump instead?
Lots of potential reasons. I don't know what the OPs specific reason is, but here are a few off the top of my head.

1. Have 2 DOS with 4 heads for KH Ca Mg and have a free head available. The extra head makes a great ATO pump.

2. ATO is in a high head/long distance/remote reservoir application. Peristaltic pumps excel in these applications compared to traditional pumps.

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I realized I misread your post earlier as you asking for how to program a DOS and how to program an ATO, when what you actually asked for is how to use the DOS as an ATO.

I am going to assume below that you have 2 float switches that are OPEN when up that are called ATOlow and ATOhig.

1st, you need to come up with a rough estimate of how much water your tank evaporates each day.

Using the wizard, take that estimate convert it to ml and double it. Enter that value for the amount to dose over a 24 hour period and hit send.

Then go to the 3 dot 3 line icon that takes you to the advanced configuration for the DOS and add the following

(Existing stuff like tdata)
If ATOlow OPEN Then OFF
If ATOhig OPEN Then OFF
When ON > 060:00 Then OFF
Defer 001:00 Then OFF
Min Time 030:00 Then OFF

Add alerts to your email for switch levels (use a VO if you trun off your return regularly) and also if error DOSname

What this will do is "dose" water up to double your evaporation rate when the water level is below your float/optical and then pause dosing if above it. If it ever runs for too long it will stop dosing entirely (adjust when statement for this, I suggest 1 hour to start and tweak from there). There are other methods you can use to say dose exactly evaporation rate if switch gets stuck or half evaporation rate etc, but the when statement is the simplest, so that is why I suggested ot to start.

Back