OP
OP
R

ravi197699

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is awesome sir, I like your design much better with toggle switch to change the modes, do you have the list of the parts and diagram for connections so I can replicate the build,

Reef-Engineer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sure, I will try to post a list shortly. Pretty much everything off of amazon.

So far my most common error is roasting potentiometers by swapping hot and ground :face-with-spiral-eyes:

Ravi for you, the box will need two more holes. one more for the second "mode" switch, and one more for the second thruster output cable. Pretty easy to execute though. If things do get warm, some vent holes would be easy to drill in the enclosure.

oh, also @sawdonkey I modded the thruster housing model so I think it should work for you. but you need to buy magnets to be able to JB weld them in place. Also, attaching the magnets is tough. they jump and attach to each other and I got JB weld all over me.

OP
OP
R

ravi197699

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sure, I will try to post a list shortly. Pretty much everything off of amazon.

So far my most common error is roasting potentiometers by swapping hot and ground :face-with-spiral-eyes:

Ravi for you, the box will need two more holes. one more for the second "mode" switch, and one more for the second thruster output cable. Pretty easy to execute though. If things do get warm, some vent holes would be easy to drill in the enclosure.

oh, also @sawdonkey I modded the thruster housing model so I think it should work for you. but you need to buy magnets to be able to JB weld them in place. Also, attaching the magnets is tough. they jump and attach to each other and I got JB weld all over me.
thank you so much, please if you can give little info or pictures on connections as well and are you using Wi-Fi Arduino?

Reef-Engineer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You bet, I'll try to make a how-to.

I am using an Arduino Uno R4 Wifi, but honestly, it has a library problem with PWM outputs to drive electric motors that both me and sawdonkey had to work through, so I would use an R3 if I was starting over (or you just need to upload a new servo library to the R4). wifi is not essential since I am not yet using that function.

OP
OP
R

ravi197699

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I am using an Arduino Uno R4 Wifi, but honestly, it has a library problem with PWM outputs to drive electric motors that both me and sawdonkey had to work through, so I would use an R3 if I was starting over (or you just need to upload a new servo library to the R4). wifi is not essential since I am not yet using that function.
Thank you sir, I will keep my arduino, looking forward to see your how-to,

OP
OP
R

ravi197699

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I am using an Arduino Uno R4 Wifi, but honestly, it has a library problem with PWM outputs to drive electric motors that both me and sawdonkey had to work through, so I would use an R3 if I was starting over (or you just need to upload a new servo library to the R4). wifi is not essential since I am not yet using that function.H
Hello sir, how is it going with your thrusters, did you add those in your tank yet?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 48 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back