Using Trident on 2 tanks

Reefguy13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use my trident on my main tank just to monitor levels. It is not hooked up to a dos or anything. It runs 4 times a day. I recently had to start a small frag tank just because of space in the main tank. I want to just monitor the levels in my frag tank like once a day to see if I need to manually dos alk or calc. Can i just take a cup of water from the frag tank and stick the trident tube in the cup and manually run one test a day on that. I know it will mess up my graphs and stuff in fusion but I can work around that in terms of mapping my consumption in my main tank. Just curious if anyone has done this?

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use my trident on my main tank just to monitor levels. It is not hooked up to a dos or anything. It runs 4 times a day. I recently had to start a small frag tank just because of space in the main tank. I want to just monitor the levels in my frag tank like once a day to see if I need to manually dos alk or calc. Can i just take a cup of water from the frag tank and stick the trident tube in the cup and manually run one test a day on that. I know it will mess up my graphs and stuff in fusion but I can work around that in terms of mapping my consumption in my main tank. Just curious if anyone has done this?
No, you cannot, unless you prime the source water every time. It'd just be easier and likely less time to test with a Hanna.

DrMMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use my trident on my main tank just to monitor levels. It is not hooked up to a dos or anything. It runs 4 times a day. I recently had to start a small frag tank just because of space in the main tank. I want to just monitor the levels in my frag tank like once a day to see if I need to manually dos alk or calc. Can i just take a cup of water from the frag tank and stick the trident tube in the cup and manually run one test a day on that. I know it will mess up my grapand stuff in fusion but I can work around that in terms of mapping my consumption in my main tank. Just curious if anyone has done this?
That's exactly what I did when I quarantining some coral. I didn't prime the trident whenever I did it, but I guess that makes sense. It worked out for me anyway.

OP
OP
R

Reefguy13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ya I was just curious if someone had. when i calibrated i do not prime it so I though *** would be the same concept. maybe not

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 34.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back