Using Vertex cerebra in 2020

erzwire

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, long time reader first time poster. I have a vertex cerebra V7 and there doesn't seem to be any where active to talk about it. Hopefully us users can congregate somewhere.

The issue I'm having is that it was never updated or connected to the internet. I recently connected it to the internet and believe that's what my problem is. I read that it can prohibit the device from booting.

So I would like to ask anyone that has a working one of these devices if they could clone the SD card in the rpi so that I could try to restore my device to a working state.
Also if anyone knows any sort of archive where anything for the cerebra is... I am interested.

Thanks!

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, long time reader first time poster. I have a vertex cerebra V7 and there doesn't seem to be any where active to talk about it. Hopefully us users can congregate somewhere.

The issue I'm having is that it was never updated or connected to the internet. I recently connected it to the internet and believe that's what my problem is. I read that it can prohibit the device from booting.

So I would like to ask anyone that has a working one of these devices if they could clone the SD card in the rpi so that I could try to restore my device to a working state.
Also if anyone knows any sort of archive where anything for the cerebra is... I am interested.

Thanks!

We had a big thread until they closed the doors

@Tobe71

Have you moved on?

OP
OP
E

erzwire

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had a big thread until they closed the doors

@Tobe71

Have you moved on?
I actually unplugged my router and it booted. But I still have issues with it and would be interested if anyone had a newer version.
I was also thinking about trying to use it with reef-pi

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually unplugged my router and it booted. But I still have issues with it and would be interested if anyone had a newer version.
Sent you a PM

fidgetdamidget

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey did you ever get anywhere with this? Have an old unit collecting dust rn...

Enchelycore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to say thank you to this post. It solved my problems after hours of messing with the unit! Thank you!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back