Utter Chaos

Avast

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
NFS at my LFS, apparently they're "growing them out" yet there's 3-4 fewer heads on their mother colony every time I come in. ;Shifty

I bet my LFS here in NW Florida would charge 25-30 per polyp if they were selling them.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED lighting

Dtfnemo

View Badges
Reaction score
NFS at my LFS, apparently they're "growing them out" yet there's 3-4 fewer heads on their mother colony every time I come in. ;Shifty

I bet my LFS here in NW Florida would charge 25-30 per polyp if they were selling them.
Yeah, they do that. I'm looking for some but nothing available in my lfs's

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score

You should try to make friend with the store owner :)
Anything that has "NFS marked tag" on LFS tank and they are still available for sale to me :p yep I paid the price higher than normal but worth it for a healthy species in their own display tank.

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
You should try to make friend with the store owner :)
Anything that has "NFS marked tag" on LFS tank and they are still available for sale to me :p yep I paid the price higher than normal but worth it for a healthy species in their own display tank.
I am friends with the store owner haha we're on a first name basis with each other! I have also single handily helped him sell at least 5 SB Reef Lights through my Instagram page (He's the owner of SB Reef Lights as well as SB Reefs the LFS). He said I could have a polyp if I bring in some cut frags of some stuff I've got, mainly other higher end zoas, I've just been too busy lately to take advantage of that offer :rolleyes: The trade value for my frags isn't really that great if you do the math but my zoas grow very quickly so it's not too big of a loss.

ChrisOFL

View Badges
Reaction score
I was sold a 10polyp frag for $60 if I remember correctly. Honestly, anything over $20pp is starting to approach unrealistic pricing for me. However, utter chaos are the slowest growing zoas I have ever owned, like maybe 1 new polyp every 3 months for me.

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
View Badges
Reaction score
I have a few heads, I can get them to you for 30$ a head +shippings, as they don't grow very well in my tank and that's what I paid for them.

https://www.youtube.com/c/ReefStache

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
You have any for sale?
I don't ship. They grow pretty quick for us.
20170810_171335.jpg

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Our utter chaos didn't do well under direct intense light. I've got them in a corner with medium light and indirect flow. I feed the tank alot between the fish and coral. I mix reef nutrition oyster feast with reef roids. The polyps and corals love it. I feed that mix 3 times a week. I keep alk around 9.5 dkh, nitrates around 10-20ppm.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Wow, wish I could get that for mine. I tried to sell them at my local clubs frag swap for $25 a plug, with 5 to 10 polyps per plug and people complained and said it was too high.

Champion Lighting & Supply

JoeIII

View Badges
Reaction score
Don't know where in FL people are looking, but I know one LFS near Tampa that has them - keeps trying to sell them to me and I have to remind him I have a 6" rock covered in them.
They grow like a plague for me, Polyps periodically fall off the rock an dI find them in caves, growing from the teeth of my overflow, etc.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED lighting

Have you ever had a reef tank with no sump and how did it go?

• YES and it was just fine

Votes: 356 58.7%
  • YES but it was difficult

Votes: 105 17.3%
  • NO

Votes: 134 22.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 11 1.8%
Reef Brite the professionals choice