Utter Chaos

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NFS at my LFS, apparently they're "growing them out" yet there's 3-4 fewer heads on their mother colony every time I come in. ;Shifty

I bet my LFS here in NW Florida would charge 25-30 per polyp if they were selling them.

Dtfnemo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NFS at my LFS, apparently they're "growing them out" yet there's 3-4 fewer heads on their mother colony every time I come in. ;Shifty

I bet my LFS here in NW Florida would charge 25-30 per polyp if they were selling them.
Yeah, they do that. I'm looking for some but nothing available in my lfs's

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You should try to make friend with the store owner :)
Anything that has "NFS marked tag" on LFS tank and they are still available for sale to me :p yep I paid the price higher than normal but worth it for a healthy species in their own display tank.

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should try to make friend with the store owner :)
Anything that has "NFS marked tag" on LFS tank and they are still available for sale to me :p yep I paid the price higher than normal but worth it for a healthy species in their own display tank.
I am friends with the store owner haha we're on a first name basis with each other! I have also single handily helped him sell at least 5 SB Reef Lights through my Instagram page (He's the owner of SB Reef Lights as well as SB Reefs the LFS). He said I could have a polyp if I bring in some cut frags of some stuff I've got, mainly other higher end zoas, I've just been too busy lately to take advantage of that offer :rolleyes: The trade value for my frags isn't really that great if you do the math but my zoas grow very quickly so it's not too big of a loss.

ChrisOFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was sold a 10polyp frag for $60 if I remember correctly. Honestly, anything over $20pp is starting to approach unrealistic pricing for me. However, utter chaos are the slowest growing zoas I have ever owned, like maybe 1 new polyp every 3 months for me.

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few heads, I can get them to you for 30$ a head +shippings, as they don't grow very well in my tank and that's what I paid for them.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have any for sale?
I don't ship. They grow pretty quick for us.
20170810_171335.jpg

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our utter chaos didn't do well under direct intense light. I've got them in a corner with medium light and indirect flow. I feed the tank alot between the fish and coral. I mix reef nutrition oyster feast with reef roids. The polyps and corals love it. I feed that mix 3 times a week. I keep alk around 9.5 dkh, nitrates around 10-20ppm.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, wish I could get that for mine. I tried to sell them at my local clubs frag swap for $25 a plug, with 5 to 10 polyps per plug and people complained and said it was too high.

AntarcticIkeelu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2223.JPG
I sell mine for $15 per head because of the size of the polyps. Some of them are the size of a dime.

JoeIII

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't know where in FL people are looking, but I know one LFS near Tampa that has them - keeps trying to sell them to me and I have to remind him I have a 6" rock covered in them.
They grow like a plague for me, Polyps periodically fall off the rock an dI find them in caves, growing from the teeth of my overflow, etc.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 49 55.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back