Uv affecting my ph reading. ????

  • Thread starter Thread starter ecam
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Moving cords away from each other can reduce electrical interference.
I have isolated it to my UV. If UV is plugged in pH reads 8.7 unplugged it reads 7.7.
I checked the bulb/sleeve and they were both dry. The probe is in my protein skimmer chamber and the UV is inline on my return pump. The UV wire is about 2 feet from my hydros launch at it's closest. If I put the probe in a bucket the pH is not effected by the UV.

I am going to pickup a multimeter to test the water. I am also going to try adding a dedicated ground probe to the system.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new