UV help

Chayo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, looking for recommendations for a properly sized UV to combat dinos. Along with helping select a pump with the appropriate gph. Looking into aqua brand, coralife, or pent air on the high end. Would like feedback from reefers who have any of these units. From ease of install/use to difficulty of replacing bulbs Or issues you have come across. With so many UV units on the market my head is spinning on finding the right one. Tank is 125 w 30 gal sump. Thanks all.

Gobi-Wan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, looking for recommendations for a properly sized UV to combat dinos. Along with helping select a pump with the appropriate gph. Looking into aqua brand, coralife, or pent air on the high end. Would like feedback from reefers who have any of these units. From ease of install/use to difficulty of replacing bulbs Or issues you have come across. With so many UV units on the market my head is spinning on finding the right one. Tank is 125 w 30 gal sump. Thanks all.
I bought a large UV filter on Amazon designed for a pond. I think it was about 70 or 80 bucks and I hooked it up to a 500osh gpm pump, on top of the aquarium so that the pump hung down in the tank and the discharge went right back in. This is because the dinos float up into the water column when the lights are out and this seems to be the most effective way. It eliminated them in maybe a week or so. The key though is you have to have the type of dinos that make snot bubbles on the rock. Other types don’t float into the water column.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 34 19.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 131 75.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.5%
Back