UV Sterilizer Plumbing

  • Thread starter Thread starter benapilot
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

benapilot

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 15, 2015
Messages
491
Reaction score
578
Location
Wasilla, Alaska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a great deal on a little UV sterilizer. I've got two reactors, GFO and Carbon.
Would I be able to plumb the outlet of either reactor through the UV? If so, which one??

Thanks!
 
Should be able to, don't see why not. IF flow is sufficient. Not sure which one, or if it matters really.

Oooooooooo [HASHTAG]#reefsquad[/HASHTAG]
 
Can you tell us which UV you got and show a pic maybe.
How big is your tank and the wattage of the UV as it will be rated for a max amount of gallons.
 
I've got a 75 Gallon tank. It's an Angstrom 2537 with a 4 Watt bulb rated for 75 gallons.

On the GFO, got it! Thanks.
 
Well I split the water pump. half to the UV and half to my reactor. Works great.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new