UV sterilizer

  • Thread starter Thread starter Austinp42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Austinp42

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 4, 2025
Messages
80
Reaction score
36
Location
lakeland fl
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any good suggestions for a UV sterilizer for a 65.5 waterbox
 
Aqua UV 15w is one I’d look into
 
Keep in mind there's a little bit of a placebo effect with UV sterilizers with regards to parasite control - in my opinion.

I know people swear by it - I did too - until I had an outbreak while running one anyway.

I don't know that there's any real data on hobbyist grade UV sterilizers with hobbyist configurations - and we do know that sump plumbed UV sterilizers have limited effectiveness against Ostreopsis dinos.

(that said I use a 57w on my 180g + 40g sump, and a 15w would be a good choice for you)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new