UV STerilizer

Vaiodude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well our tank is officially 1 year young! Every thing is going well with all the livestock and coral growth has been great. My only complaint now is how often I need to clean the glass. At least every other day I need to clean it with a magnet cleaner and I have heard folks that have used UV sterilizers to help this out. I also have a bit of Cyano, maybe it could help that too.

So my question is what brand and wattage do you all recommend? I have a 55 gallon Deep Blue Reef Ready with an aqueon proflex 2 sump. The sump is pretty packed so I would be looking at something that is all one unit and pretty compact. I am not into doing an inline model.

Also can I place the UV in the overflow area or the refugium? Like I said the sump is packed between the return, ATO and skimmer so I don't have a ton of space.

Thanks.

wuuzzzuuppp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Affordable Aquatic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Besides the obvious issues of making sure you have good water quality and flow, the best way to get rid of red slime, I have found is with Ultra Life Red slime remover. As long as you dont have algae growing on your rocks and sand, cleaning glass is just part of your daily maintenance. You could certainly get a UV, but it wont likely prevent your glass from needing regular cleaning.

Last edited:

Masedaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you look into those UV sterilizers I told you about? The JBJ submariner and the Corallife UV all in one setup. I know you don't want to put it inline with your return pump so you could set that UV in your sump.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 53 81.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.6%
Back