Vacation spots

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I almost booked the Big Island there a few years back. Chose a trip to Italy for wife instead lol....Still want to go. And will one day. Apparently the tide pools at the park on the South East side of island near Hilo are absolutely incredible. As a reefer you'd probably be in heaven with all the species at your fingertips. A few days there then over to beachy area Kona? That was my original plan. Live it out for me lol...
If you are thinking the kapoho tide pools, sadly they got destroyed during the recent lava flows.

I've been to the Big Island and want to go back, spent time above Kona in Waikoloa Village and we did a day trip to Hilo. Too many things to see, if I did it again it would be a few days around Kona and a few days around Hilo.

If you want to go to the keys, you can also fly into Ft. Myers. Then you can book passage on The Key West Express. It is about a 3.5 hr boat ride straight to Key West. You can walk from the dock to the bars, B&B's, and enjoy all that Key West has to offer. You can do the reverse a few days later. I'd rather take a boat to the Keys than drive from Miami.Key West Express
My wife and I want to do that, we actually have a place to stay now in Naples. I have friends in various places in Florida and other neat things to see along way, might do a drive down in a few years. I could spent a lot of time in Florida.

OP
OP
T

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So we splurged a little bit and decided on Maui. Has anybody been and have places they'd recommend? We've got 9 days off but will have just 6 days/7 nights there!! I've never been. I do know that I want to take a boat tour out to Molokini to snorkel.

Was looking into a few airbnb or vacation rentals that allow dogs as well on 30A for later in the year or next. Might look into those around Sanibel/Captiva given so many recs for those locations here.

Back