Valentini puffer and corals?

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pulled the trigger on a blue spot recently. Is in quarantine right now so I can not say for sure how he is going to do. I also got a coral beauty so it’s gonna be a tad risky

Would like to hear how the blue spot works out for you. I want one bad, but i'm being advised not to get one. And at this point, I'm going to hold off. I plan on having a lot of soft corals, and it seems to be a hit or miss whether they nip at your corals. GL

OP
OP
Is this the LFS

Is this the LFS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would like to hear how the blue spot works out for you. I want one bad, but i'm being advised not to get one. And at this point, I'm going to hold off. I plan on having a lot of soft corals, and it seems to be a hit or miss whether they nip at your corals. GL
I plan on having mostly soft and lps. If I can rembember, I will post a update on this thread

OP
OP
Is this the LFS

Is this the LFS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have a lot of coral but my valentini leaves what I do have alone. He’s fine with everything but the tiniest snails in my clean up crew too by the way. I’ve had him a year or so.
I sure hope it is that way for me too. I’m assuming this is the case but Valentini and blue spot Toby’s have the same habits and everything right? Like what you say about one goes along with the other?

OP
OP
Is this the LFS

Is this the LFS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a update, I had him in quarantine for a few days now with a coral beauty and everything was fine. Until today and I come home to this. They are now separated with a divider. Not sure what to do now
95FF06E7-E548-416A-976E-9EA773D059A2.jpeg

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he is pretty good sized. Probably about 3.75 inches and the angel is about 3

If I decide in the future to get one, it will be a juvenile. According to Aqualocker.com that's about 3/4" - 1". Sorry to hear about your problems with the fish. GL

CasaReefer

Promoted To Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is mine... He is in the QT tank until I re-home him... nipped acans and ATE my 2 sand sifting Stars.. He in now under HOUSE ARREST"
puffer.jpg

OP
OP
Is this the LFS

Is this the LFS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is mine... He is in the QT tank until I re-home him... nipped acans and ATE my 2 sand sifting Stars.. He in now under HOUSE ARREST"
puffer.jpg
Ya I kinda felt like I needed to have first hand expierence in order to turn me off of puffers. Now I have it. Unfortunately it seems like most of them at some point or another attack your fish or corals

CasaReefer

Promoted To Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I kinda felt like I needed to have first hand expierence in order to turn me off of puffers. Now I have it. Unfortunately it seems like most of them at some point or another attack your fish or corals
He was hard to get him out of the tank... I had to get up at 4:30 in the morning.. kicked in his door and caught him while he was sleeping. 5 Ohhhh style...lol

OP
OP
Is this the LFS

Is this the LFS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep I know the type... Just like my first wife.... Smokin Hot... But Not Worth It....lol
I’m falling for him again. There is a bit of hope in me that it was just a territorial thing from being in a quarantine tank with Little Rock. I’m gonna see how he does it the dt when it gets set up. If it is bad, then away he goes

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
They are nippers when it comes to soft corals and they will eat/irritate zoas

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I had some at my pet store transformed to salt and they went after scoly and lobo.
Have a local reefer who suffered zoa loss from a pair

Squeaky McMurdo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think blue spots are more aggressive than vals. I WISH mine would eat asterinas. Lol.

I have a coral beauty that was quarantined at the same time as the puffer. I have a big plastic cave, a couple fake corals, and my quarantine tank is a 20 long so maybe that combo helped. My puffer is also insanely easy to catch. I often catch him by accident in my acclimation box.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Blue spots are gorgeous but yes-destructive

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back