Valentini puffer and possible foods.

Elwood Dowd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First things first. I gambled a bit on this guy. I wanted my wife to enjoy the hobby with me and she really wanted this puffer. So, like a fool I tried him out in my reef. The second he hit the water he swooped down like a bird of prey and bit the entire growth tip off of a stick of tricolor Bali....... Off to the QT with you.

Here is the part where I show off a little. I whipped this stand up in a few hours. I may add a shelf in it.
20170423_003354_zpsvzmaw1vr.jpg

I have his tank full of small hermits and dwarf ceriths. He likes them a lot. He also loves mysis. However, I tossed in a sand flea (huge amphipod looking thing from the bait shop). He went nuts for it. He will not stop hunting for it now. Have or do any of you feed these to your tanks?

PS: Please disregard the ghetto fabulous filter on the left. I keep that around so that I can use it to set up a fast hospital tank if need be. It's full of fiber fill (pillow stuffing). It makes a great filter and transfers bacteria when I need it. I still need to paint the back of the glass also.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Puffers are not picky. They will eat just about anything you put in the tank.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 50 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back