Value Fixtures Now On eBay!!!!

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Joined
Dec 21, 2010
Messages
4,703
Reaction score
1,040
Location
North Kingstown, RI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bridgelux value fixtures are now available for pre-order on eBay, the cree ones will follow! You can buy them here: Value Fixture On eBay
We will be placing an order in the next few days, the first shipment sold out FAST, so get your orders in soon!!!
 
Great 1smile1 will keep this in mind when I get ready to upgrade my lighting in a couple of months.
 
I'm considering going led on my 240 softy tank to ease up on my power bill. Right now I have 3 x 250 watt se mh and 4 x 160 vho.
How many of these units would I need for a 72" long and 30" wide tank?
The only leds I've seen in person had the ability to change from a 10k appearance to a 20k. Can you do the same to these?

What would the units gain by adding the 90 degree optics?
 
I'm considering going led on my 240 softy tank to ease up on my power bill. Right now I have 3 x 250 watt se mh and 4 x 160 vho.
How many of these units would I need for a 72" long and 30" wide tank?
The only leds I've seen in person had the ability to change from a 10k appearance to a 20k. Can you do the same to these?

What would the units gain by adding the 90 degree optics?

Pmed, 3 should do your tank
 
That would make a sizable savings in daily power use.
 
That would make a sizable savings in daily power use.

Yes, you will be using a quarter of the power to light your tank. Electricity is usually around 8-15 cents per kilowatt hour. Your lights currently use about 1.4 kilowatts, or 11.2 cents to 22.5 cents an hour. With the LEDs, it will be about .33 kilowatts, or 2.64 cents to 4.95 cents an hour. At 12 hours a day in a 30 day month, you are looking at about 40-75 bucks a month, $480- $900 a year with your old lights, so the cost adds up quick. The LEDs will cost $9.50-$17.80 a month, $115.60-$216.80. They will pay for themselves in 1-2 years in energy savings alone, not to mention changing 3 mh bulbs and 4 vhos every year
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new