Varios Pump + Icecap Backup?

scotturban54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the icecap battery backup work with the RO Varios 8 Pumps or the Neptune Cor pumps?

TessGlo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the Icecap battery backup work with the Reef Octopus Octo Pulse 4 power-head? I just tried and it didn't work, I'm hoping its just I have the wrong adapter or something. Also, I thought the Icecap was for DC pumps 12-24 volts?

Jeremy@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the Icecap battery backup work with the Reef Octopus Octo Pulse 4 power-head? I just tried and it didn't work, I'm hoping its just I have the wrong adapter or something. Also, I thought the Icecap was for DC pumps 12-24 volts?
Yes the Octo Pulse 4 does work with the IceCap back up battery. No special connection ends needed, just one of the Y cables installed properly. Please make sure that the battery is fully charged for 48 hours before testing. The Octo Pulse should reduce in speed when power is lost and will resume programmed speed and mode once power is returns.

kpalas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why does the description of the Icecap battery says it will work for 12-24v dc pumps, but yet I'm being told it won't work for a Varios 2 pump?

Jeremy@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why does the description of the Icecap battery says it will work for 12-24v dc pumps, but yet I'm being told it won't work for a Varios 2 pump?
In essence the VarioS 2 could operate off of the battery but not as you would expect it to. The IceCap backup battery is more designed to manage flow pumps like the Maxpsect and IceCap Gyre pumps. These pumps knock down the power to conserve the battery life. With water pumps like the VarioS they usually require higher power settings and usually under higher head pressure tend to run and draw a lot from the batteries in a short period of time even when used with two batteries. These types of power cycles can also drastically shorten the life of the battery and why I do not suggest their use on such pumps. Thanks for your understanding.

Reefiness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the Octo Pulse 4 does work with the IceCap back up battery. No special connection ends needed, just one of the Y cables installed properly. Please make sure that the battery is fully charged for 48 hours before testing. The Octo Pulse should reduce in speed when power is lost and will resume programmed speed and mode once power is returns.

I just got my pulse 4 pumps in yesterday and installed them hoping to connect them to my ice cap batteries as I had my jebaos set up. When I connect these pumps to the batteries, the 2 leds for 15 min and 60 min pause flash red. What am i doing wrong?

IlliniMed

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the icecap run with innovative marine wave link power heads?

IlliniMed

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the icecap work with the innovative marine wave link power heads?

Jeremy@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the icecap work with the innovative marine wave link power heads?
We have never tested them but they likely will have no issue from what I can see online. Each DC pump is different and if these pumps don't automatically slow down I would suggest doing so to retain battery life when there is an outage.

Riptide_Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I’m planning on purchasing an Octo Pulse 2 and an Icecap Battery backup... from this lost, I understand that it will indeed work, and should reduce speed during a power outage, then resume my last settings once power is restored...

My question is will this work if I have the Octo Pulse connected to my Apex via 0-10v control? I’m not planning on having my Apex on a UPS or anything, so once a powernout happens, it’s lights out... will the Octopulse still automatically reduce speed and run off the battery on this situation?

Thanks for any info!

KrustyKrab305

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would assume the same Y cable installed with the Octo Pulse 2 will work with the ice cap battery backup?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back