Vectra and ATO

josh.j.avila

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 26, 2015
Messages
362
Reaction score
88
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was wondering what everyone is doing with their ATO? With the ability to program the speed of the pump and how much water goes in and out how are you ensuring your ATO keeps the proper salinity. Do you have your ATO come on only at a certain time when your pump is running at a certain speed?
 
If you are using it as your main return pump, you should not be using it to vary the flow. That is only recommended for a closed loop configuration. You would set the pump up and calibrate it in constant mode. You can put it into feed mode though. Hope that helps.
 
Yeah, I agree with mixer911.
I was told I didn't need to calibrate either my M1 return or my L1 closed loop if I used them in constant speed mode.
 
On my system I am using a bean animal style overflow and have my drains set with valves and if the flow rate varied much I doubt it would remain as quiet as it does.
A little variation might not make a difference, but I don't want it to change.
 
On my system I am using a bean animal style overflow and have my drains set with valves and if the flow rate varied much I doubt it would remain as quiet as it does.
A little variation might not make a difference, but I don't want it to change.

You make a very good point there.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new