Vectra M2 Return Pump - Green Flashing Light

kkelly007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New reefer here. A few weeks ago I set up a Red Sea Peninsula 500 and bought a Vectra M2 return pump. Everything was working fine and today I cleaned up all of my cords, installed a false wall in my cabinet, etc. And when I powered everything back up, my Vectra had a green blinking light on the dial. I tried a factory reset, recalibrated multiple times, etc., and nothing works--always a green blinking light. Although the calibration works exactly like it should until the very end when the green blinking light shows back up again. Also, the flow is about at 40% (I had it around 90% originally) and the controller is not responsive to the flow: mode button does nothing, turning the dial does nothing, etc. But during calibration, you can set the flow to 100%??? All very weird

There are a couple of posts here with other folks having the same issue, but none actually state the resolution--i.e., just that they called Ecotech, they were told to clean they unit, they told Ecotech it was new, and then the posts end. I'm going to call tomorrow, but not sure what customer service might be like in the middle of this C-19 world.

Anyone had this issue before with a resolution? Thank you!

Victor_C3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No solution, but I had a different issue with my MP40 about 3 weeks ago. You might have to wait on hold a while, but they’ll answer and generally be helpful.

OP
OP
kkelly007

kkelly007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you to all of the responses!! Yours truly, who fancies himself as a fairly handy guy, hooked up the Vectra M2 power to one of my powerhead plugs--fits perfectly, but what a stupid mistake. I took the false wall down and traced the cables and voila, works perfectly now. Really, really appreciate it. What a great web-site. Thank you!

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you to all of the responses!! Yours truly, who fancies himself as a fairly handy guy, hooked up the Vectra M2 power to one of my powerhead plugs--fits perfectly, but what a stupid mistake. I took the false wall down and traced the cables and voila, works perfectly now. Really, really appreciate it. What a great web-site. Thank you!
That's why I was wondering if you had the correct power plug hooked up. Glad to hear it worked out

FortLivingRoom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to add I recently experienced the blinking green controller with an M1. I had just purchased this used with a tank and stand and tore apart the pump and scrubbed everything down with vinegar solution so I know it wasn’t a dirty pump. I reset the controller, still nothing, but the pump was a little faster; I presume the existing slower calibration was reset. EcoTech customer support responded promptly via email, and was their response:

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out to us here at EcoTech Marine! Blinking green either means that your pump is running on battery back up or you have the incorrect power supply connected to the Vectra pump. If neither of those is the case, and you are using the original power supply, then you will likely need to replace the power supply with a new one as yours may not be providing enough voltage anymore.

https://store2.ecotechmarine.com/collections/vectra/products/vectra-m1-power-supply

Thanks again,”

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back