Vectra S2 replacement

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrianA
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BrianA

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 31, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
St. Albert, Alberta
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had problems with my original Vectra S2 and EcoTech replaced it. That was about one year ago, but then after another 6 months, I started getting whining noises from the pump. When I opened it up, the "O" ring had slipped off. I would reset it, and it worked fine again. This problem continued, getting progressively worse, to the point where it now fails about every week or so. The ring itself seems fine; no tears or imperfections and it is still very pliable.

I contacted EcoTech and their rep seemed surprised, but he had no solutions.

Can anyone recommend an alternative pump to the S2 that they know to be reliable?

Thanks.

Brian
 
I had problems with my original Vectra S2 and EcoTech replaced it. That was about one year ago, but then after another 6 months, I started getting whining noises from the pump. When I opened it up, the "O" ring had slipped off. I would reset it, and it worked fine again. This problem continued, getting progressively worse, to the point where it now fails about every week or so. The ring itself seems fine; no tears or imperfections and it is still very pliable.

I contacted EcoTech and their rep seemed surprised, but he had no solutions.

Can anyone recommend an alternative pump to the S2 that they know to be reliable?

Thanks.

Brian
wrong size O ring ? Also have no idea why an o ring seal would slip off . I have had mine at least 5 years
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new