Venting. . . broke my wavemaker

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got home from a long walk and was excited that my wavemaker arrived in the mail. My hands were pretty cold from being outside and I dropped the wavemaker while taking it out of the box. not only did the mount break, which I probably could have fixed, but the ceramic rod that holds the propeller broke into 3 pieces!

SO ANGRY!!!

Celestion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What brand , just so others no , often powered up in our atmosphere does this , ceramic is the better material, at the cost strength yup

Last edited:
OP
OP
MoshJosh

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I get the whole, "it broke in shipping" thing. . . I definitely though about it haha but in the end I think I will just buy one from my LFS. They are a bit pricey there (hence why I ordered one online), but this way I don't have to wait for it to be shipped and help my LFS out a little. . .

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get the whole, "it broke in shipping" thing. . . I definitely thought about it haha but in the end I think I will just buy one from my LFS. They are a bit pricey there (hence why I ordered one online), but this way I don't have to wait for it to be shipped and help my LFS out a little. . .
I support this decision, and next time you need a reef item “right away” you should get it from them (if they are still in business) instead of feeding the online beast that is sucking the life out of local businesses and slowly making you and me agree to pay the shipping costs to risk the fumbling fingers of the postal service to get what we need and want.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back