Ventralis Anthias transition progress pics

Bongo Shrimp

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 14, 2010
Messages
885
Reaction score
350
Location
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just thought I’d share some pics of my male Ventralis Anthias as he continues towards the full change. I got these guys August of 2024 and all were female. The transition is multiple months in and he still has a ways to go. Man do I love these fish. It’s a group of five and they were very small when I first got them, which is why I think it took a little while for the one to begin transitioning.

August 2024:
IMG_9366.jpeg


January 2025: (lighting is a bit weird)
IMG_9362.jpeg


August 2025:
IMG_9363.jpeg


IMG_9364.jpeg
 
I love anthias. They're quickly becoming a favorite now that I'm kind of developing an understanding.
Very cool Harem!
 
Beautiful, and well done. Are you keeping them with other fish or any aggressive fish?
 
Beautiful, and well done. Are you keeping them with other fish or any aggressive fish?
Thank you! The livestock list is as follows:

5x Ventralis Anthias
2x Multibar Angelfish
1x Rainfordia opercularis
1x Golden Dwarf Moray Eel
6x Pygmy Red Rooster Waspfish
1x Pink Leaf Scorpionfish
2x Extreme Picasso Clowns
1x Rhino Filefish
 
Thank you! The livestock list is as follows:

5x Ventralis Anthias
2x Multibar Angelfish
1x Rainfordia opercularis
1x Golden Dwarf Moray Eel
6x Pygmy Red Rooster Waspfish
1x Pink Leaf Scorpionfish
2x Extreme Picasso Clowns
1x Rhino Filefish
That's sweet. I had a dwarf moray that was a hitch hiker in live rock.
They're so much fun to feed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new