Vermatid snail

naterade112886

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 10, 2015
Messages
15
Reaction score
4
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone aware of any fish or inverts that's will eat these little buggers. I purchased a rock a while back that I was told had a bunch of feather dusters on it. They are no feather dusters. Instead it'd these annoying tube snails. Some new diamond gobys I added are really mixing up the bottom and these things are everywhere...please help
 
I have read that there is one or two species of wrasse that "might" eat them (the yellow coris wrasse I believe is one of them)? Unfortunately there isn't anything reliable that feeds on them though.
 
There has to be a natural preditor for them. We just haven't found a good reef safe version. I'm getting really annoyed with these buggers though.

I have long nose butterfly, copperband, Xmas wrasse, melanurus, Timor, green coris, 4 leopards, and had some yellow wrasse before. Nothing touches them.
 
I have just learned to live with them. They seem to multiply like crazy, then start to die off. Just a continuous cycle....unless they are bothering coral, I wouldn't worry about them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new