Vermeted?

bristleworm

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 29, 2026
Messages
125
Reaction score
94
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is on my 3 week new to me rock that came from the gulf?
If in doubt should i just scrape it off?
2561.jpg
I



2562.jpg
 
I have stuff like that all over my tbs live rock and one of them is on a trochus snail. theyre not vermetids since they dont have mucus webs, only whiskers. if you see mucus then its vermetid.

Vermetids spawn sexually by their mucus. So if theres only one in that spot, its not likely to spread.
 
I just got home, lights are off. I shown my flashlight on it and there is nothing coming out of it after dark
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new