Vermetid snail transferbility?

MobileGoat

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 9, 2025
Messages
30
Reaction score
22
Location
Newfoundland
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

My 40g breeder is overrun with vermetid snails, which aren't causing any issues as it's a FOWLR.

However I'm planning on moving the fish over to another established setup. So I'm wondering what are the chances of transferring the snails accidentally with the transfer of fish?

I didn't want to assume the chances are low or zero if I'm just acclimating and netting the fish into the other setup.
 
If you net them, place them in a clean bucket with newly mixed salt water, and use another clean net to net them out of the bucket and into the other tank the chances of transferring vermetid larvae is small IMO.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new