Vermetid snails acan killer

Notsolostfish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2014
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
801
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t realize how much of a problem vermetid snails can be, im beyond “clean the coral before it spreads” situation. Vermetid snails literally murdered some od my acans. Does coral snow kill them?
 
I didn’t realize how much of a problem vermetid snails can be, im beyond “clean the coral before it spreads” situation. Vermetid snails literally murdered some od my acans. Does coral snow kill them?
I have not used it but I have read many times that it does. I have always used bumblebee snails, haven’t had any vermatid snails in years but I keep the bumblebees in there in case I introduce them again.
 
Just know they are known to be snail killers when food options are low. But I’m sure you value your corals more than an existing snail cuc
I stocked like 20 bumble bee snails on jan last year. My tank is a 150G how many do i need? I dont see those 20 anymore tbh
 
I stocked like 20 bumble bee snails on jan last year. My tank is a 150G how many do i need? I dont see those 20 anymore tbh
Most of them hide day time, and hunt night time. I put 50 of them in my 400g tank. And day time ill spot maybe 2-3 of them. Also bumblebee is not a guarantee that they will get rid of vermetid snails, I will say that since putting them in my tank i see way less number of vermetids.
 
Most of them hide day time, and hunt night time. I put 50 of them in my 400g tank. And day time ill spot maybe 2-3 of them. Also bumblebee is not a guarantee that they will get rid of vermetid snails, I will say that since putting them in my tank i see way less number of vermetids.
I honesty dont see any bumblebee snails left in my tank i gotta restock. I dont know what happened to the 20. I mean from 1 year ago, who knowz.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new