Vermetid Snails and SPS....

AcroNutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear SPS gods of R2R,

Please share with me what you all do to combat the tiny vermetid snails that pop up in impossibly annoying spots where your precious sps are encrusting (see my photos for examples). Would love to hear what you guys all do.. I have managed to keep out most of the nasty pests but couldn't keep this one out.

Thank you all in advance :D

IMG_0807 by David Nutter, on Flickr

IMG_0806 by David Nutter, on Flickr

idreaminblue

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Judging from the pairs of antenna in the first picture, those look more like spionid worms. I have them too, and they don't seem to harm anything. My sps just seem to grow around them. Here's a recent thread where someone was testing something new to kill them though:

OP
OP
AcroNutt

AcroNutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Judging from the pairs of antenna in the first picture, those look more like spionid worms. I have them too, and they don't seem to harm anything. My sps just seem to grow around them. Here's a recent thread where someone was testing something new to kill them though:

Ahhh that's what they are... yes same here my sps just seem to encrust around them doesn't seem to bother them to much but sometimes they produce quite a bit of slime around the areas they are.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 54.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.5%
Back