Vermetid snails equals tank restart

  • Thread starter Thread starter West1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
In case you didn’t, a vermetid restart would need equipment cleaned too. If I can’t get rid of them, I do/did plan to run the tank with pure DI water for at least one week. Hopefully that kills any vermetid snails on and inside plumbing, pumps, sump walls, skimmer etc...
I didn't use much of the old equipment at all. In fact the only thing I can think of is the ATO and the tips at the end of the locline, but those were all cleaned with vinegar, soaked in freshwater and completely dried. I did get the florida type of live rock, so its very possible that is what happened. But it was a risk I was willing to take for the beneficial bacteria and biodiversity. I did the same with live sand/mud, plankton, etc from hawaii as well, for the same reason.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new