Vermetid Snails Help

wmo168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am, i nuke two rock in vinegar which I have no plan to put in . The 2 good rock i use to keep I use a screw driver and scrape all the v snail out, I rinse it put it back, wait a week, see a few pops up, take rock out use screw driver scrape it out, now I only see 1 or 2 small one, I will keep scraping them weekly until they are gone. I even found them on the shell of blue leg and snail, i scrape them off either. Plus they are on my frag too. Scrape them too.. horrible!

Vahanyos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am, i nuke two rock in vinegar which I have no plan to put in . The 2 good rock i use to keep I use a screw driver and scrape all the v snail out, I rinse it put it back, wait a week, see a few pops up, take rock out use screw driver scrape it out, now I only see 1 or 2 small one, I will keep scraping them weekly until they are gone. I even found them on the shell of blue leg and snail, i scrape them off either. Plus they are on my frag too. Scrape them too.. horrible!

You must have some patience my friend! Lol - I just scrape them off my coral frags so they don't irritate my coral. They probably don't to be honest, I've seen the slime web literally go all over the corals they are next to but still they don't retract, etc...

I let them be now. Clearly, from the picture i posted earlier lol. I wonder if my monti will grow and cover their holes or the tubes will just get longer and longer with the monti cap... it's a cool shot tho!

mstockmaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I threw in some bumblebee snails. I still have vermetids but their population has been controlled. They're largely kept to the small crevices and out of reach places.

Brian Thompson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From personal experience, Vibrant kills them and in two weeks their spiral tube disintegrates.

I’ve also heard that prazi kills them as well. No experience with this.

Bubble bee snails don’t get rid of these.
I just purchased some Vibrant after reading this comment (Im willing to try it). Do you have any further updates or suggestions for treatment?

USMC 4 LIFE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It greatly reduced them. However, i had to manually break the tubes off. I could tell most of them were dead due to them not releasing a web to gather food when I fed reef roids.

The dead ones broke off really easy. Slight pressure broke them off the rock at the base. The ones that were still alive (15%) are still relatively hard to break off.

I dosed very heavy. I think it was twice the amount for a dirty tank for four months. I’ve since stoped and have not noticed an increase of vermetid snails.

I used this product to initially fight off some bubble algae that snuck into the tank. It absolutely cured that.

OP
OP
Bmezz

Bmezz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vibrant unfortunately did not get rid of the vermetids. I still have plenty but I'm optimistic that less feeding and less nutrients and cutting them down every chance I can and can get to them is turning a corner. Many seem old and may not be living any more...

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 173 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back