DJC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all can I get some suggestions on multiple options to get rid of these guys

Here’s the catch I live in Australia so we are limited to what we can use/buy

I know bumble bee snails are good however I cannot get these in Australia

Would be great to ask the experts (you) to find out other options so I can seek out in Australia a resolution

Thanks all appreciate you guys assisting

JonoH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure of any good ways to remove these - there are reports that Copperband Butterfly fish can and may eat them, there are others that say some wrasse (I think Canary Wrasse) can eat them.

I have some in my tank, and they seem to explode in population if you scrape them off and disturb them, i think the only sure way to remove them would be to do a rip clean.

I wish we could get bumble bee snails here (but understand why we cannot).

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best and fastest removal is your arm and a screwdriver. Get in there and smash the vermatid tubes, smash at the base of the tube so you kill the worm. Do as much as you can, then do a huge water change. It takes a few times, but eventually the numbers will die down.

Stop broadcast feeding for a while, turn your pumps off to feed. Don't feed reef roids or other powder foods for a while.

Enderg60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before this gets too long, there is nothing that will kill them effectively.

There are a number of things people "say" works or helps but in reality if you have found a vermitid you have already lost the war and there is no way to eliminate them aside from bleaching the system.

I say this after spending 8 weeks putting every rock and coral in QT and closely inspecting everything every time I get anything new.

It didnt work. I have them in the display and the only course of action at this point is to accept I lost.

JonoH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before this gets too long, there is nothing that will kill them effectively.

There are a number of things people "say" works or helps but in reality if you have found a vermitid you have already lost the war and there is no way to eliminate them aside from bleaching the system.

I say this after spending 8 weeks putting every rock and coral in QT and closely inspecting everything every time I get anything new.

It didnt work. I have them in the display and the only course of action at this point is to accept I lost.
Yep, i just remove the ones that bother me or bother coral, and ignore the rest. Dont even really notice them now.

OP
OP
DJC

DJC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realize this is a constant topic but really appreciate your advice all
I’m not in panic mode at mo as I see the instances are stable and it’s not a complete blow out however
I found some also on my lobo neck if I scrape this I’m going to surly kill the lobo

What to do? I’ve attempted to glue and starve them off however my lobo did not like this one bit

Any tips on this?

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no good solution.
Aside from keeping them out completely, (which is nearly impossible) I have not seen or heard of anyone eliminating them from a tank.

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realize this is a constant topic but really appreciate your advice all
I’m not in panic mode at mo as I see the instances are stable and it’s not a complete blow out however
I found some also on my lobo neck if I scrape this I’m going to surly kill the lobo

What to do? I’ve attempted to glue and starve them off however my lobo did not like this one bit

Any tips on this?
If you dont want to crush them, glue over them with super glue.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back