Vermetid Snails in "no risk" Coralline Algae Bottles - BBW

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Oropher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just learned that even though i have cleaned all rocks and coral from vermetid infestation, i found some of vermetid snails inside wier box and pipes and also wave makers. Those places are like "refugium" for vermetids. No wander they keep coming back to rocks or coral.

I read somewhere that elevated magnesium could control those pest. Is that true? Because elevated something could lead to a disaster.

SeaJay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a couple bottles about a year ago. There was one single “rock” in mine and it was a perfectly rectangular piece that appeared to be some type of ceramic, definitely not a natural looking rock like you’ve got there. I think it’s still laying in the bottom of my tank somewhere.

holdthecoffee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After I added my bottles of pink and purple, I had a huge bloom of brown algae vs dinos within the following days. (I feel like it was dinos, because i had to buy a clean up crew for this brown breakout and all the snails died but my hermit crabs didn’t). I had my tank running for over five months and never went through the ugly stage until right after I added these bottles (thought I was going to completely skip the ugly phase by using brightwell microbacter xlm and 7). My skimmer also went crazy when I turned it back on a few hours after adding the bottles.

I also sent them an email asking if I may have received a contaminated bottle, but was told everything was made in a lab and it was impossible. After seeing this thread, I have serious doubts the claims of being pest free.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back