Vermetid snails on CUC shells

jcbasile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I went into my lFS to pickup some various CUC snails. Some of the trochus snails had vermetid snails on their shells ( I don't have pictures but can get some tomorrow). I didn't buy any of the ones that didn't have vermetid snails because I figured they could have eggs or something on there anyways.

My question is is that a fair assumption and could I scrub their shells with something before putting them in to reduce the risk? I don't have a quarantine system currently but do need to get some CUC members soon-ish

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
You can break off the tube at the base and scrape rest off. If any left, you can place gel super glue over remains and all done.
Id scrape it off shell personally

OP
OP
jcbasile

jcbasile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can break off the tube at the base and scrape rest off. If any left, you can place gel super glue over remains and all done.
Id scrape it off shell personally
If I can't see any, could there be any eggs and can I scrape the entire shell with something like a tooth brush to be safe?

I cut a few off a frag with some nail clippers and that worked great.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
If I can't see any, could there be any eggs and can I scrape the entire shell with something like a tooth brush to be safe?

I cut a few off a frag with some nail clippers and that worked great.
Eggs not likely but inspect

Back