Vermetid Snails?????

rbourgeois64

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the picture quality. These are showing up in my reef recently and have never had them, are they vermetid snails? If so what is the plan of attack? Thanks Reefers
ver.jpg

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the picture quality. These are showing up in my reef recently and have never had them, are they vermetid snails? If so what is the plan of attack? Thanks Reefers
ver.jpg
Honestly, I can't really tell what's in the photo, but it looks like it might be colonial tunicates (possibly such as the Golden Star Tunicates, Botryllus schlosseri, which are typically invasive but harmless in our tanks) - a google search should help with ID, but here are a few examples of Golden Star Tunicates or similar species:

OP
OP
rbourgeois64

rbourgeois64

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, I can't really tell what's in the photo, but it looks like it might be colonial tunicates (possibly such as the Golden Star Tunicates, Botryllus schlosseri, which are typically invasive but harmless in our tanks) - a google search should help with ID, but here are a few examples of Golden Star Tunicates or similar species:
Sorry for the photo quality and yes I think your correct, they look exactly the same as the ones in the article. Thanks for the information and your time.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 31.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 53 26.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back