Vermetide snail or feather duster...

GibsonGuitars

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I am new-ish, 3 months in the hobby... I have had these tube worms since day 1 in my tank, been killing and supergluing them ever since. Now one has established itself into my Zoas so I was waiting for it to rise above them so I could glue without harming the Zoas. Then today I see this (pic below). Now wondering if I have I been killing something that isn’t harmful?Is this a pest? Or is this something I want to keep. Thank you.
60894015-BC03-4F9E-812C-D9CB1F4266B3.jpeg

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's a feather duster, you definitely want those in your tank. Great filter feeder. They're like mockingbirds- they're a sin to kill ;)

OP
OP
GibsonGuitars

GibsonGuitars

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's a feather duster, you definitely want those in your tank. Great filter feeder. They're like mockingbirds- they're a sin to kill ;)
Awesome thank you for the confirmation. I think the hardest part of this hobby is knowing what stuff is the first time you see it, and having this website as a resource is invaluable along with the great people in here (like you) who are so willing to help. Thanks again! I ran a search and it also says that they won’t open if there is any ammonia at all, they’re like little living test strips, Ha, that is amazing!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back