Vermetide snail or feather duster...

GibsonGuitars

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I am new-ish, 3 months in the hobby... I have had these tube worms since day 1 in my tank, been killing and supergluing them ever since. Now one has established itself into my Zoas so I was waiting for it to rise above them so I could glue without harming the Zoas. Then today I see this (pic below). Now wondering if I have I been killing something that isn’t harmful?Is this a pest? Or is this something I want to keep. Thank you.
60894015-BC03-4F9E-812C-D9CB1F4266B3.jpeg

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's a feather duster, you definitely want those in your tank. Great filter feeder. They're like mockingbirds- they're a sin to kill ;)

OP
OP
GibsonGuitars

GibsonGuitars

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's a feather duster, you definitely want those in your tank. Great filter feeder. They're like mockingbirds- they're a sin to kill ;)
Awesome thank you for the confirmation. I think the hardest part of this hobby is knowing what stuff is the first time you see it, and having this website as a resource is invaluable along with the great people in here (like you) who are so willing to help. Thanks again! I ran a search and it also says that they won’t open if there is any ammonia at all, they’re like little living test strips, Ha, that is amazing!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back