VERMITID SNAILS

palmettodeuce

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 13, 2020
Messages
24
Reaction score
7
Location
South Carolina
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone reset their tank with new rock due to the number of tiny vermetid snails. I have so many that I worry about them injuring my fish. They are very small and I don't ever have a problem them and their nets, but They are literally covering almost every inch of rock .
 
unlikely to injure fish, but if you want to thin them out, just scape them off the rocks with a razor blade or similar edges tool.
 
Bumblebee snails are known to eat them as well.
 
I was planning on using original scape from my 120g on my new 200g. I had such a bad infestation I ended up creating a new scape and starting over. Salvaged what corals I could and have them quarantined now. Still finding one or two every week on the qt corals. These things are impossible to get rid of and spread like wildfire. Probably set me back 2 years plus the $.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new