Versa Availability?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey BRS - any idea when new inventory for EcoTech Marine Versa will be available? Thx.

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, we don't have any updated ETA at the moment. We're hoping to get our hands on as many as we can as soon as they're available again.

Any idea why they've been missing-in-action for the last 10+ months? Do you expect to be carrying a "Version 2" of this doser?

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea why they've been missing-in-action for the last 10+ months? Do you expect to be carrying a "Version 2" of this doser?

Likely some combination of Covid causing shortages in parts/raw materials and the Radion G5 production being ramped up to meet demand. We've not heard anything about a version 2.

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Likely some combination of Covid causing shortages in parts/raw materials and the Radion G5 production being ramped up to meet demand. We've not heard anything about a version 2.

I can't buy Covid caused shortages. They say their Versa is made right here in the USA.

And, I can't buy Radion G5 production being ramped up as an issue. There are lots of unemployed people here in the USA that I'm sure could help fill that gap.

If you were a businessman, and you found yourself in a position where you had lots of demand for a product that you couldn't produce fast enough to cover said demand, wouldn't you expand your production line by whatever it took? Such an expansion is all profits, isn't it? Pay a visit to your banker.

But if you have an inherent design problem, wouldn't you fix it first before going back into production?

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't buy Covid caused shortages. They say their Versa is made right here in the USA.

And, I can't buy Radion G5 production being ramped up as an issue. There are lots of unemployed people here in the USA that I'm sure could help fill that gap.

If you were a businessman, and you found yourself in a position where you had lots of demand for a product that you couldn't produce fast enough to cover said demand, wouldn't you expand your production line by whatever it took? Such an expansion is all profits, isn't it? Pay a visit to your banker.

But if you have an inherent design problem, wouldn't you fix it first before going back into production?
I assume being made here doesn't necessarily mean all the parts come from the us

DWill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I can almost guarantee you there’s not a single component and likely board in any Ecotech product that manufactured in the US. I’m sure Ecotech builds their products here, good luck buying board level components and stuffing them on boards made here. If you could the price of those components and boards would be exponentially higher.
I’d go further and make a small bet that their molded parts aren’t done in the US.

ReefBeta

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The PCB is from OEM (not sure location), but ecotech literally has the machine to assemble the components and chips on the board.

Stever

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The PCB is from OEM (not sure location), but ecotech literally has the machine to assemble the components and chips on the board.

I mean, just from this video, you can see that ETM sources parts from other manufacturers.

poidog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My only tip to you is sign up for the in stock notifications... That's how I got mine a couple months ago. The second I got the email I checked out. Said they only got 12 in stock and within the hour they were all sold out again.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back