Versa doing help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I just got a Versa 4pk and was trying to set it up last night and just get it started for 2 part but for the life of me I couldn’t get it to dose evenly throughout the whole day like I used to do with my dos. I tried auto but it just wanted to dose from 8pm to midnight. Can someone help me and explain the settings/ template to get the most stable doing schedule.
9A3EB7D9-4F22-4DB4-95C7-FB78296DC773.png

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL you have set your daily dosage to 3ml. :)

These are peristaltic pumps they don't work like the DOSs do.

There is a bit of a mindset change when you use these. They are essentially designed to be run continuously. The minimum RATE that they can dose at is 1ml/min, so at 3ml you have about 3 minutes worth of dosing.

You may be thinking that your DOS is better, but I will beg to differ. Even though the DOS goes to .1ml of dosing I found that they drift quite a lot and you won't get good accuracy at that level.

To the solution ... you need to get your volume of fluid being dosed up and I would recommend that you dilute the solution down. Just remember the pumps minimum of 1ml/min then approx length of time that you want to dose and you will be able to come up with a good dilution amount.

Definitely respond if you need more information.

OP
OP
Camaro Show Corals

Camaro Show Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

There is a bit of a mindset change when you use these. They are essentially designed to be run continuously. The minimum RATE that they can dose at is 1ml/min, so at 3ml you have about 3 minutes worth of dosing.

You may be thinking that your DOS is better, but I will beg to differ. Even though the DOS goes to .1ml of dosing I found that they drift quite a lot and you won't get good accuracy at that level.

To the solution ... you need to get your volume of fluid being dosed up and I would recommend that you dilute the solution down. Just remember the pumps minimum of 1ml/min then approx length of time that you want to dose and you will be able to come up with a good dilution amount.

How can I dilute brs pharmacies grade 2 part correctly. I assume rodi water but how will I know how strong the new solution is?

Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, so what is auto used for then?

According to Ecotech Marine:

"Auto mode schedules dosing specific to what additive or solution is being dosed. This mode utilizes standard dosing practices and known water parameter changes in a reef tank based on light cycle and biological activity. The Versa™ does not determine dosing volume, that requires testing and tuning. It will however, schedule dosing based on the salt or additive selected."

Basically, in this mode depending of the additive (Cal, Alk, Mag) the pump take the decision to when during the day is better to dose that solution (morning, midday, night, etc). you just set the quantity X day and the pump will take the decision when.

Manually you have more control, you can program individual schedule (every hr, two hr, etc) or one big schedule telling the pump to dose XX mg in XX time.

Personally I dose one time per hr (24 dose) at the beginning setting up the whole 24 point is a paint, but then you will have more control to when and to make sure your Cal,Alk and Mag dosing dont cross each other. Plus after using the alkatronic to monitor Alk, Im dosing around 70% of my dosing requirements when the lights are on. This keep my Alk +/- .20 during 24 hr.

Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How can I dilute brs pharmacies grade 2 part correctly. I assume rodi water but how will I know how strong the new solution is?

I dont understand why you want to do this as the pump are rated to 0.5ul X min. This is 0.0005 ml x min. Also I dont think your going to be dosing 3 ml x day and is so, then one dosing point of 3 ml will be enough

OP
OP
Camaro Show Corals

Camaro Show Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I dont understand why you want to do this as the pump are rated to 0.5ul X min. This is 0.0005 ml x min. Also I dont think your going to be dosing 3 ml x day and is so, then one dosing point of 3 ml will be enough
That’s what the guy above was saying, no I was just playing with it with the 3ml. I dose 10ml of alk and calc to my biocube29

Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s what the guy above was saying, no I was just playing with it with the 3ml. I dose 10ml of alk and calc to my biocube29

Now it make senses, :). Because your dosing is low, I recommend to setup a few points during the day of 2ml each x minute. Your not going to listen that pump at all.

wmo168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I setup versa to dose ALK and CAL, 3 ML a day and spread it out auto dosing to 5 hours.. works like a charm.

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the pump are rated to 0.5ul X min

I looked at that and was like ... no way. Then I went to the site and sure enough. Then I was like there is no way because mine didn't seem to take less than 1ml ... I just checked ... it does but when you put in the decimal and then the 0 it is red until you put in a number. My assumption was it wouldn't go that low. Whelp foot meet mouth.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 146 88.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back