Versa dosing pump and WXM for Apex?

CaptainCooke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers!
Does anyone know if the WXM bridge for the Apex will support the new Ecotech Versa dosing pump?
I cannot find any info on this.
Thanks!

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers!
Does anyone know if the WXM bridge for the Apex will support the new Ecotech Versa dosing pump?
I cannot find any info on this.
Thanks!
I was wondering that, too. From the little I’ve found, it can only be controlled with Ecotech’s Mobius app which they promise will eventually work with other ecotech gear. Of course it will likely control nothing else and, like the Vectra, not be compatible with anything else, severely limiting its usefulness. I’m making an assumption here, so hopefully I’m wrong on this...

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since the Vectra incompatibility with WXM and Neptune introducing their own pumps, I extrapolated that they have gone their separate ways. The competition route rather than collaboration :(

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, I think the compatibility ship sailed a long time ago. I ordered a versa on a whim (which I generally try to NOT do). I think I may use it on my CaRx. Somewhat limited utility otherwise.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope! Ecotech is clearly setting up their own Eco System revolving around Mobius.
I would not be surprised if next year they come out with smart Power Bars that Mobius can control.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does that even mean?

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I was betting, I’d say they will not work with WXM due to the apparent falling out between ETM and Neptune.

What does that even mean?
I’d guess, “Will Mobius also be able to control AI lighting since they are owned by EcoTech?”

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, thanks. In my day job AI means something completely different.

OP
OP
CaptainCooke

CaptainCooke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I figured this but was hoping the wxm would support it.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It won't, and never will with the WXM. Mobius support is all done via Bluetooth LE. AI is owned by Ecotech Marine, there is no competition between the two, they are a multi-branded corporate entity.

In terms of the relationship, it pretty much died with the last generation of Primes and the complete failure of IoTA as an industry solution. Don't count on WXM support for the next generation of Vortechs, or Radions either.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if wireless support for vortech and radions via reeflink will continue and for how much longer? I’ve way too many modules to be at all keen to replace 14 RF chips. None of my vortechs are newer than late 2015; early 2018 for radions.

Last edited:
Back