Versa dosing saturated kalk is leaking again

bobnicaragua

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2019
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
2,016
Location
Dallas, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had to change my versa tubing a month ago and it’s already leaking again. I’m dosing saturated kalk from a container, not a slurry. Anyone else having issues dosing kalk with a versa pump?

10EAEBD7-071C-49DD-A244-77075C96F55E.jpeg 6A016798-E789-43E3-BAB2-2067315210DE.jpeg
 
I just had to change my versa tubing a month ago and it’s already leaking again. I’m dosing saturated kalk from a container, not a slurry. Anyone else having issues dosing kalk with a versa pump?

10EAEBD7-071C-49DD-A244-77075C96F55E.jpeg 6A016798-E789-43E3-BAB2-2067315210DE.jpeg

I contacted Red Sea for their ReefDose for the same thing, before trying to kalk dose. They said that kalk is rated at about a ph of 12, but their inner pump tubing is rated at about a ph of 10.

Red Sea’s inner pump tubing would not hold up for the long haul.

That could be the case with Versa’s inner tubing holding up to kalk as well.

@drawman
Was a versa pump with kalk, your issue as well?

Freddie
 
I contacted Red Sea for their ReefDose for the same thing, before trying to kalk dose. They said that kalk is rated at about a ph of 12, but their inner pump tubing is rated at about a ph of 10.

Red Sea’s inner pump tubing would not hold up for the long haul.

That could be the case with Versa’s inner tubing holding up to kalk as well.

@drawman
Was a versa pump with kalk, your issue as well?

Freddie
Hey Freddie I've noticed the newer tube assembly has a different appearance (more opaque) so I'm hoping the plastic is more resistant to the higher pH. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet but fingers crossed.
 
I just went through this myself with my Versa. Your carrier tube looks to be clear and not opaque. The clear were made out of acrylic and couldn’t handle the higher ph of kalk. They now sell only a new polypropylene carrier tube on the Ecotech web store. Recommend you purchase and replace it with a new one.

Old:

0A24C3FA-F1BA-421F-9781-FA508366C68C.jpeg


New:

FED116BF-CF57-4794-83B3-8854390E23B3.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new