Versa Problem - its second pump ! just stops...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MarcosB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!
Guys please, help. I created schedule for kalkwasser, and pump after 2 or 3 days of working just stops at random times.
Usually it stops during day. No way to turn it on again through app. If I press stop , then go again it does not work. I need to remove schedule and create a new one then it is possible to run it again.
Pump stops at random times during day, it was an issue I though I will resolve but I was unable to... so seller replaced pump for new one.
I have created same schedule but after few days pump stopped at night. There is no sense in it.
Today I turned power off then on and pump started working so the only way to keep it working when it stops is - manual power on/off or removing schedule and creating new one.

Pump is quiet, app looks and seems great but.. Am I doing something wrong ?
Here is picture of app - so You can see when it stopped- it was 11AM and pump dosed 205ml. Also posting my schedule.

IMG_9159.PNG IMG_9160.PNG

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better off scrapping it and going with something else. I went through 3 in under a year and all I was pumping through it was plain rodi from ato to feed a kalk stirrer.

OP
OP
M

MarcosB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are 100% right, but I wanted to give it a shot here, where it is much more popular than in Europe. I just can not believe it they still sell it with a bug like this. We have thousands of $ inside our tanks, I am choosing the most expensive out there and nobody cares ?

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've explained this in better detail in a previous thread. Basically, when using the pump to dose various rates in "custom" mode but making it run all day like "Continuous" mode is too much for the processor to compute.

This is a known issue and I'm told that it is on the list of things they're going to fix.

I've personally ran into this issue early on and the only way to circumvent the issue is to either average out the daily dose and have it run continuously or have a 2nd versa connected in parallel and have it turn on only when the extra kalk is needed.

OP
OP
M

MarcosB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've explained this in better detail in a previous thread. Basically, when using the pump to dose various rates in "custom" mode but making it run all day like "Continuous" mode is too much for the processor to compute.

This is a known issue and I'm told that it is on the list of things they're going to fix.

I've personally ran into this issue early on and the only way to circumvent the issue is to either average out the daily dose and have it run continuously or have a 2nd versa connected in parallel and have it turn on only when the extra kalk is needed.
Thank You, I will try to run night time only. We will see how long it will work. I already ordered different product. Fortunately I can return this one as it is not working as it should.

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine were all set to run 4 times a day in 4 hour blocks dosing 200-300 ml of rodi water with 2 hour stops between each to allow the kalk to stir and settle before resuming dosing. Imo that isn’t asking too much for what it’s designed to do.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 122 81.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back